Tuesday, June 09, 2009

The Last Block



So the last block is complete. It didn't turn out as red as planned as at the last minute I ditched the giant red spot for the solid panel and put in the giant pink flowers. I just felt it was getting a bit too spotty and that the red really didn't match the other panels as well.



I think the overall pink bias to the quilt just can't be ignored. When I laid out all the blocks I just felt that the big flowers went with everything.

Of course I am sad about it's loss now so I might have to make a smaller version of the original red block and put some solid white blocks in it. I might buy a 60° ruler for that one just so I can marvel at how easy it is when you have a proper template. but anyhow, must focus on one quilt at a time. Sewing the blocks together will be a telling time as half of me thinks they wont all tessellate together.



Here they are all laid out. They won't end up in order like that but I thought I'd just see how it would look. Ohhh it's so exciting. Part of me still wishes I could have made it with the materials from the original design. They are just so lovely.

No comments: