Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Learning curve

20110601-P1130795.jpg

So I felt pretty good about myself after I learnt to cable. 'I can knit!' I crowed as I patted myself on the back and wrapped myself in my homemade blanket. Then I start Rebecca's pattern and suddenly I feel like I need to enroll in knitting school. So I have my circular needle, I have my lesson with Rachel booked. I have my Double pointed needles, I have my book open on how to use them, I have 300 YouTube videos to show me. It's tough going. I spent all last night knitting and unraveling, knitting and unraveling. I think I am finally ready to give it try. It's looking a bit lumpy though.

YouTube is great and so are the videos on http://www.knittinghelp.com

2 comments:

Claire Vincent said...

how funny, I've been knitting this weekend and it called for circular needles and such (it's for N's father's day pressie). I'll let you know how I'm getting on,
c x

Anonymous said...

Are you knitting socks? I think I like circular needles, your stitches stay on them and you don't lose your place. Although I am only on row three so my option could change dramatically!