Monday, May 21, 2012

Sewing machine mat

Finished So inbetween Swooning, I made up this little birthday present. My mum and her friends all made them for each other and I thought they were a great idea. A mat to go under the sewing machine with pockets for scissors and other bits.

Sewing machine mat I decided to only use scraps. I had a lot of the material for the hexagon quilt left over because I decided to make it smaller in the end as I didn't like it. For some reason, I find this new colour combination much nicer and I wish I had done that for the hexagon quilt now.

Kelmscott Designs Scissors It was really easy to make and quilt. I might have to make myself one but all those colours are gone now. I used every last bit! A scrap bag success. The little gold scissors are Kelscott thread scissors which I have been lusting after for some time now.

1 comment:

ray said...

I love it, thank you! I will post a photo of the mat and lovely scissors in action!