Friday, August 07, 2015

Jiiterbug quilt top

Jitterbug
We have been the house of illness this week. The small person has been languishing on the sofa dropping bits of cucumber everywhere whilst watch Peppa Pig. So I decided to finish off the Jitterbug borders. The quilt top is done.

Jitterbug
The only issue has been my slightly generous cutting. I start off well, but by the time I reach the end of the longest border it all begins to add up.

Jitterbug
Holy moly that wasn't the plan. Well it's too late now. Once it's all scrunched up no one will notice. It will annoy me though.

Jitterbug
I wasn't sure about these bright fabrics but when it's all scrunched up I think they look lovely.

Jitterbug
And the best bit is that I made it using a jelly roll I bought from the first Birmingham trip in 2010! Shows you that many of these things sit on the back burner for years.

Jitterbug
Here is the whole top laid out. It's pretty big, but our kingsize bed makes it look small. I just need a big enough floor space to baste it. I think that might have to wait a while.

No comments: