Wednesday, May 25, 2016

FW65: Mother & FW66: Mrs Anderson

This week I decided to make life a bit easier and drop block 66. I sometimes feel that the two colour blocks are a little flat. I try to introduce a third colour if I can now, but here it seemed impossible so I dropped it. Plus I was behind so it sped things up a bit. I don't like being behind.

Mother block
20160530-P1440663.jpg
This block was a bit of a pain to be honest. I think it's a bit of a weird block to begin with. I almost dropped it. But then I relented. I thought the stripes might look good here and I like the little pop of yellow. It's a bit messy though. Y-seams. Sigh. They just aren't natural. I could have done it the non y-seam way if I had thought about it. I am thinking that I might have to sit down and properly master this technique. It obviously works out for some people.

No comments: