Thursday, July 07, 2016

Farmer's Wife Layout

20160621-P1440921
So at long last it's time to make some decisions. With only 6 blocks left to go (for me) I knew that time was running out. (I might make 8 more so I have some choices). It's been really hard, but after laying out all my blocks and ordering these fat quarter samples from Simply Solids, I have made some decisions. I am going to use the peach Cotton and Steel fabric for the sashing point squares and the pink stripe for the binding. I have put my order in! It's such a lot of fabric. I think I can get all the peach squares out of one fat quarter but the binding will be more like a metre.
Farmer's Wife Layout
So after much thinking I have decided on the following layout for my quilt. I am trying to keep the size down but maximise on the number of blocks. I have ordered the Kona white sashing. So I am ready to make the top. I am hoping I can get it all made in time for Birmingham so I can then spent all my cash on some backing fabric. I often just use old sheets and cheap fabric from Fabrics Galore but this time, seeing as this quilt represents so much work, I am hoping to use something a bit nicer. I still need to work out how much I will need!


No comments: